We are able to carry out a wide variety of works including – Drainage, Ducting, Kerbing, Footways & Road improvement schemes. To help us carry out these works we use a variety of machinery including Excavators, Dumpers, 8 to 6 wheel tipper Lorries and rollers. If you need any more information on the services we offer. Please contact us.
- 360 EXCAVATOR – 3 TON CASE – The smallest digger in the fleet is ideal for use in tight situations, whether it’s digging out footings or landscaping a back garden.
- 360 EXCAVATOR – 4 TO 5 TON KUBOTA/CASE – Currently we have four machines of this size, these machines are ideally suited for small building sites, utilities companies or small drainage carried out on the highway. Where required hydraulic breakers can be attached to assist in the removal of concrete or other forms of hard dig
- 360 EXCAVATOR – 13 TON CASE – This versatile machine is great for drainage, loading muck away, housing sites and much more
- 180 EXCAVATOR – JCB 3CX – This machine can dig footings, load lorries, clear ditches plus much more, and because it travels on wheels can operate in numerous places on one site. The machine can also be used to fetch and carry whether using the four in one front bucket or the foldable forks that are attached.
- 80 ROLLER – This roller is ideal for use on footways or driveways whether rolling stone or Asphalt.
- 120 ROLLER – Ideal for Carriageways – used for both rolling sub-base and final layers
- 6 – WHEEL TIPPER – Can carry a variety of materials. Whether its stone, sand or topsoil. Maximum payload 15 ton
- 8 – WHEEL TIPPER – Similar to the above. Maximum payload 20 ton.
At JD Excavations Ltd we undertake all forms of surfacing from hand laying footways to machine laid highways. We pride ourselves in our quality of workmanship and professional attitude towards the customer needs. Here is a list of our current asphalt machinery and its best purpose.
- BITELLI BB650 – The largest of our paving fleet, this machine has a maximum width of 4.8m but can also retract to 2.5m – Ideal for country roads and carriageways.
- VOGELE 1103 – A versatile paving machine that can retract to 1.8m & extend out to 3.45m – Ideal for patching works.
- CAT BB621E – This paver operates on tracks opens out to 2.8m and retracts comfortably down to 1.5m – Ideal for resurfacing footways & Cycle paths.
- VOGELE 800 – This tracked micro paver measures just 1.1m wide when fully retracted but can also extend out 2m – Ideal for those hard to reach places also suitable for trench re-instatement.
We also have 3 x twin drum rollers available to us (2 x HAMM 120, 1 X BOMAG 120)
With varying sizes of planers we are able to deliver the right machine for the right job. List planers:-
- WIRTGEN W100F – This front loading machine has 1m milling drum, and is ideal for planing large areas and country lanes due to the excellent weight displacement of it running on tracks.
- WIRTGEN W100L – This rear loading machine has 1m milling drum and is perfect for patching works. Whether big or small. Best suited to hard ground
- WIRTGEN W50 – This rear loading machine has a 500mm milling drum. The belt of this machine is detachable, this makes getting into tight spots much easier. (usually comes with skid steer or 360 excavator – depending on preference)
- WIRTGEN W350 – This is the smallest planer we have, which comes with a 350mm milling drum. This planer is best suited to keying out starts or cutting edges but can be used in conjunction with any of the above planing equipment whether it’s another planer or excavator.
As a registered pacopatch contractor (New polymer based bitumous reinstatement) we can offer this revolutionary system which involves a single reinstatement of manholes, gullies and general ironworks, there’s no need for compaction and the surface can be trafficked on within an hour of completion. A variety of Surface finishes can be applied.
Why Use Pacopatch?
- PACOPATCH – This Polymer based Mastic Asphalt, is primarily designed for use in reinstatement around Ironworks and complies with Current British Standards. It comes with a 5 year material warranty
- PERMANENT – Pacopatch produces a permanent reinstatement with no need for temporary measures or repeat visits.
- COMPACTION – Pacopatch requires no compaction, is applied by hand float and enables applicators to economically patch even very small, irregular areas.
- WASTE – There is no waste when using pacopatch, thus eliminating the need and costs associated with collecting hot bitumous material from the quarry.
- RECYCLED MATERIAL – Pacopatch is a two part system compromising of pacogrout & pacobricks. Currently the pacobrick is made from 90% recycled bitumous material. While the pacogrout contains 45% recycled coarse aggregates.
There are over 3,000 bridges in Northamptonshire for which the local highway authority is responsible. J D Excavations Ltd is actively involved in the repair & maintenance of these structures which form an important part of the highway network. The bridges come in all shapes & sizes and construction comprises reinforced concrete, structural steelwork, timber, brickwork & stonework. Every scheme presents a challenge in terms of repair solution, access, traffic management, control of river flows etc.
Current schemes comprise:
- Concrete repairs to Irthlingborough Viaduct – a multi span reinforced concrete structure constructed in 1935 to carry the A6 trunk road over the Nene Valley.
- Concrete Repairs to Bedford Road River Bridge in Northampton – a single span reinforced concrete bridge dating from the 1930s over the old course of the River Nene. Major repair works under the deck involves dealing with river flow.
- Construction of stonework buttresses to strengthen a highway retaining wall at Nether Heyford.
- Cleaning & repainting a timber footbridge in Daventry.
- Brickwork repairs to a single span arch bridge over a watercourse at Church Brampton.
Other interesting schemes carried out by J D Excavations Ltd in the last 12 months include:
- Demolition of a redundant brickwork railway bridge at Warkworth.
- Major stonework repairs to the historic Oundle South River Bridge.
- Demolition & complete reconstruction of a highway bridge over the River Nene Navigation at Hardwater Crossing near Wellingborough.
- Repairs to plastic parapet panels on a service bridge over the West Coast Mainline railway at Weedon.
- Brickwork repairs to a twin span arch bridge over the River Nene at Elton.
- Stonework Repairs to an historic river bridge at Lilford.
JDE Excavations Ltd will continue to provide a comprehensive structural maintenance service to Northamptonshire Highways.